Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 4

Observation:
         Day four of observations took place on November third. One of the first things I observed was an organism called an Paramecium Bursaria (Rainis Pg.107). It was a bright green color that I think came from it's vacuoles in it's body and looked like it had little hairs coming out all over it's body that you can see in a picture of it bellow. The next thing I found in my Micro Aquarium was an organism called a Tachysoma (Patterson Pg.125). This organism has dorsal brisles all over it's body that you can also see in a picture bellow. One of the last things I saw was a type of Rotifera called a Philodina Rotifera. This kind of Rotifer has two ciliated wheel organs it uses to capture it's food (Rainis Pg.188). It likes quiet water found around soils or sands I also saw alot of the same Rotiferas that I have seen in the past few weeks.

                                         Paramecium Bursaria

                                          Tachysoma


Citation:
Rainis, Kenneth G., and Bruce J. Russell. Guide to Microlife. New York: Groliers, 1996.
    Print.

Patterson, D.J. Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa. Manson, 1998. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment